Conversionants at the Conversion XL Live 2015.
This year we had the opportunity to attend a great event in the Conversion Optimization World. The ConversionXL Live 2015 took place during three days, from March 11th to the 13th in Austin Texas, which is also the conversion capital of the world.
This event reinforced our interest in promoting through our website and other digital marketing channels, how to improve your website revenue with the conversion optimization strategy or service.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization and why its useful?
Conversion Rate Optimization is when a visitor comes to your site and does and specific action that you want them to do. Some of those actions can be: purchase a product, fill put a form, download a file, signing up for a newsletter and many others.
What we learned from the Event?
Some of the most important things related with conversion rate optimization that we learned from the speakers are:
- Forget best practices, just because it worked for another company, it doesn’t mean it would work for you.
- CRO is a constant work, ab testing is just one small part of the whole process. If you are testing the wrong things, you’ll be losing money and time.
- Reinvest your money that the CRO process is giving you to continue growing. The optimization process is about constant growing.
- Bigger conversion rates, doesn’t mean that there is more revenue.
- When you are going to do a test, you always must have an hypothesis based in the research and web analytics performance from your website.
- Never start a digital marketing campaign without a landing page.
- Email traffic is becoming more mobile. Which is why its very important to do mobile landing pages. Also to do responsive or mobile websites.
- Use your websites analytics to answer your company’s questions.
- Don’t trust your analytics percentages, analyze each segment.